In 2019, the Dutch Data Protection Authority placed more focus on enforcing the privacy law, which can be seen in the 2019 annual overview. A number of the milestones listed here are:
- 110 researches, compared to 20 in 2018;
- 4 fines in total over 2.5 million euros;
- 28,000 privacy complaints, involving 2,000 interventions;
- 94% of the Dutch are concerned about privacy.
- 180,000 young people played a privacy game about phone loss.
Read more about this here: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/ news / annual-report-ap-2019-more-focus-on-enforcement