Which apps have the biggest data hunger? Any privacy friendlier alternatives?
Apple unleashing its ‘nutrition label’-style Privacy Labels, Surfshark has combed through the privacy policies of over 200 apps to find out which collect the most data and which collect the least.
Key Findings are:
– On average, social media apps and food delivery apps collect the most data.
– Browsers and image editing apps collect the least.
– The 3 most data-hungry apps are all owned by Facebook: Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
– The least data-hungry apps tend to be developed specifically with privacy in mind.
– In general, the most popular apps (i.e., the ones with the most downloads) tend to collect private data across the largest number of categories.