42% of Brits expect to lose money to online fraud
Results of a National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) survey:
– 42% of Brits expect to lose money to online fraud.
– 23.2 million victim accounts worldwide used 123456 as password.
– only 15% say they know a great deal about how to protect themselves from harmful activity.
– the most regular concern is money being stolen – with 42% feeling it likely to happen by 2021.
– 70% always use PINs and passwords for smart phones and tablets.
– Less than half do not always use a strong, separate password for their main email account.